Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How did it all come about?

Most of us define a cowgirl as a horseback riding lady with fancy sparkles on her hat and matching bolo, riding as “cowgirls” in Wild West Shows and rodeos.   The ladies are skilled performers, demonstrating riding, expert marksmanship, and trick roping while entertaining audiences around the world, such as Annie Oakley whom in my eyes is a hero.

My cowgirl warrior is a woman in the west who worked on cattle ranches.  Women ran them while the men went to war or on long cattle drives.  Wives and daughters of men who owned small ranches could not afford to hire men so they had to do the hard work.  They needed to ride horses and be able to perform tasks what you and I would agree was a man’s job. Keep in mind, these women also planted their own gardens, hunted, cooked, sewed their own clothes and many of them gave birth on their own, then had to get up and stoke the fire and feed the children and teach school and about living a life trusting in God.
These women were strong and able to take on anything.  They needed the hand of God, his direction and covering to able them to perform the necessary tasks of everyday life.  Sometimes God was the only strength they had and they trusted in him, “It’s the cowgirl way”.

Years ago, I was visiting my family in Montana.  We went to The Cowboy Church in Kalispell.  That night a woman teacher at the church was giving a message about relying on the strength of God not our own during times of trouble. During her message she gave an example of a woman who was trusting in God. She smiled and said “It’s the cowgirl way”.  Instantly the Holy Spirit hovered over me and begin speaking and showing me visions of ministering to women in the Flathead Valley.  That night he gave me an outline of topics to teach and an acronym for “cowgirl”. 

A cowgirl is:
Called ~ many are called but few are chosen
Obedient ~ Jesus is master of my life
Warrior ~ Divine wisdom of the Holy Spirit the ability to discern right from wrong
Grace ~ God’s free and unmerited favor
Inherited ~ Identified by Christ, receive a legacy or promise; possession as a rightful heir
Redeemed ~ refined replica of the most high God
Loved ~ God’s ultimate expression of loyalty, purity, and mercy

The Lord continued to birth His vision in me for hours, weeks and years.  I would write and listen as he excited me with the thought of a ministry for women called “It’s the cowgirl way”. Just one problem…. I lived in the Bay Area of California and had no thoughts of moving to Montana.  As the years progressed I wrote notes and heard him directing me to study women of the Bible who trusted in God with all there heart and soul.

Less then five years later, here I am living in Montana and He is racing through my head at all hours of the day and night feeding me about women and the need to minister his strength to them.

 Stay tuned..... Esther will tell us a story about being called and chosen.
Don't forget to become a follower and recieve updates automatically in your email.

3 comments:

  1. This is so good! I love to read over the acrostic and think on these things! God has moved you on but kept you here in our hearts and minds as well! How awesome to have been part of your training and prep time to bring you to the place He has you in now! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're gone but I can believe how incredibly blessed Montana is now. They have welcomed royalty among them when you arrived. I pray a blessing over your mind and your ministry, that every word is established of God and goes out with all power to a perfect end. I miss you, I love you and I am proud of you. You hear and heed His voice. <3

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this! I see in this a fresh wind for the women of Montana. God is birthing something, first in your heart, but now in the land you have made your home. I welcome you here and your ministry. Its time for the cowgirls to arise!

    ReplyDelete